Employers incur no direct costs in being involved in the programme, only the investment of their time, which can result in lasting rewards with access to talented and driven young people. SDS covers the direct costs for the pupils such as travel.
Articles in this section
- What is a Foundation Apprenticeship?
- Why have they been introduced?
- What sectors are they available in?
- Where can I find information on what units are included in frameworks?
- How does it work?
- How are young people recruited to the programme?
- What kind of involvement can an employer have in the programme?
- What does the work placement involve?
- How are pupils matched to employer placements?
- How are Modern and Foundation Apprenticeships different?